2018 = 2016
As CPAC 2018 winds down and gun-grabbing rhetoric heats up, President Trump reminded us of one important thing during his CPAC speech: the MAGA agenda will be lost if Democrats win control of the Senate and/or House. Shorter: 2018 = 2016.
I don't know about you, but I will be using every avenue available to me in order to grow Republican majorities. I trust you will too. These midterms are everything. I'm more energized than ever.
All of us need to exert whatever influence we have over campaigns to ensure they use fear and emotion to get people to the polls. A little trollish charm doesn't hurt too. Though tax reform is always welcome, it's not the sort of issue that gets people to the polls in great numbers.
Every GOP campaign must do the following (in no way is this an exhaustive list):
- Hold live-streamed town halls showcasing families victimized by illegals, poorly-assimilated immigrants and Islamists. Town halls featuring small, medium and large business leaders + employees touting the MAGA economic platform.
- Deploy ads/memes that feature an America where those speaking freely are unpersoned by Silicon Valley and others.
- Highlight a degenerate Hollywood/Fake News Media that tramples on traditional cultural institutions. (Celebrities/"journalists" have provided ample fodder to use here.)
- Produce short testimonials of Americans who are alive today only because they owned a gun or saved by a private citizen who does.
- Remind Americans that the abuses of our spying tools at the hands of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama to influence our elections will continue unabated if we lose.
In essence, shine a bright light on all the pain Americans have endured and will endure if GOP majorities aren't strengthened in Congress. Pick a massive vulnerability of the Left and exploit it to the fullest. Show no mercy. This isn't hard.
Some will say that the RNC is bungling things as they typically do by running meek candidates. Let's just sit back and watch them squander control of Congress, they'll say. I'm certain they are, but that's no excuse to sit on the sidelines.
Silicon Valley is becoming more totalitarian this time around because we kicked their butts, so we will need to be more creative if we're going to circumvent their new and improved Muh Hate Speech gauntlet.
Time is a scarce resource as we clean up a country infected by the enemy. We must not succumb to complacency. President Trump needs all of us working as hard as he does to fix our problems. Plus, it's gonna be fun to beat these clowns all over again. Think of it!
2018 = 2016.